This Position has been filled, thank you for your interest.
DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN’S MINISTRY
JOB DESCRIPTION 2016
GALLOWAY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
JOB SUMMARY: 40 hours/week – Wages based on experience and education.
To create, implement, and supervise ministries for children in infants – 5th grades for Sunday mornings in Sunday School and Children’s Church (KidZone); on Wednesday nights and other special events such as Mega Sports Camp (VBS). Recruit, equip, and work beside a team of volunteers. Work cooperatively as a team member with the pastor and other staff to support a comprehensive and cohesive plan of Growth ministries for all age groups.
Create programs and environments that lead children to a personal and relational faith in Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord; that teach them to authentically worship and pray; that teach them to love one another; that teach biblical faith and practice; that allow them to discover how to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit in their lives; and that engage families in sharing the Christian faith and values in their homes.
- Schedule and supervise volunteers for Nursery/Toddler Care during Sunday morning services.
- Create, implement and supervise ministries for children in Preschool – 5th grades for Sunday mornings in Sunday School and Children’s Church (KidZone); on Wednesday nights and other special events such as Mega Sports Camp (VBS).
- Recruit, equip, and work beside a team of volunteers.
- Prepare lesson plans and curriculum for use by volunteers.
- Create a safe, “kid friendly” environment that will welcome children and their families to participate in Galloway as their church home.
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Work as a team member with the Senior Pastor and other staff to support a comprehensive and cohesive plan of Growth ministries for all age groups.
- Work as a team member with the Senior Pastor and other staff to plan special events that focus on children (Mega Sports Camp) and other family or church wide events that include children.
- Encourage and equip parents to share Christian faith and values in the homes.
- Assist the Senior Pastor in ministering to families with children by making him/her aware of special needs of families or assisting in ministry to families as requested by the Pastor.
- Plan and implement annual budget for Elementary Children’s Ministries.
EDUCATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Elementary educational degree/training preferred but not required.
- Must have relevant paid or volunteer work experience instructing elementary children
- Must have a passion for working with children and families
- Strong communication skills for leading and teaching groups of children, speaking face to face with families and volunteers, and occasionally addressing large groups of people
- Strong organizational skills to plan programs and effectively integrate volunteers into ministry
- Strong team building and teamwork skills to work with volunteers, staff, and Senior Pastor
- Computer skills: to allow online communication through, email, Facebook, texting, etc.; to download, arrange, and distribute curriculum; and to create documents, reports, etc. as required.
- Must be born-again through faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Must have strong Bible knowledge and be led by the Holy Spirit
- Must agree to participate as an active member of Galloway United Methodist Church
- Must view this position as a ministry and calling
- Must demonstrate a commitment to personal spiritual growth and a healthy lifestyle
- Must model the standards and expectations of church leadership for Galloway
- Must have a commitment to the mission and vision of Galloway
You will participate in a team based ministry with other staff. Your direct supervisor will be the Senior Pastor, then to the Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC), and the Church Council.